Password for VM1?

Thread: Password for VM1?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Password for VM1?

Hi, I've been lurking here for the last couple of weeks reading up on the Hurcos. My question is:

We recently purchased a Hurco VM1 at work and I am pretty much the sole user. Great machines within their niche. One of the questions that I have concerns different fonts that the machine can engrave. It uses TrueType fonts but has a limited number of them. I have thousands at my disposal but have no way to load them in the proper folder on the hard drive so it will access them because Hurco has an administrator password that prevents access to the C:\ drive. I understand why (to keep people from mucking the thing up, unintentionally or not). but I'm not a novice or malicious user and would like to have more font choices than the ones that are on the machine. Does anybody know the password? If you don't want to post it here for the whole world that's fine, I understand. You can Email it to me.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Password for VM1?

I Think it depends on where you got your your machine .For Examle I Got All of my Hurcos in central indiana and their passwords were based on the zip code of the supplier. Maybe yours is the same way . Just a hunch,You Could always ask whoever supplied , serviced you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks! I'll check that out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, let's just say I figured out what the password is. I won't say what it is or how to find out here because having it could allow people that may have malicious intent to bugger up their employer's machines. I dropped a non-stock font (still a True-Type font) into the C:\Windows\Fonts Folder but it either doesn't look for them there or there is some other location (That I can't find) that it does look for them at. Either that or there is something else going on in the background regarding fonts and engraving.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

To get the most out of a Hurco a cam software is needed and then it is easy to get it to do so much more than the conversational. Even if you don't have ISNC the thing will gobble down all the code you can feed it and make you any engraving standing or depressed you want. Say you want a logo or some picture, you’re going to need one anyway, so just get it.
    Most parts I do would be loosing propositions if all I had was the conversational, not that it wouldn't do it, but it would suck up so much time standing at the control it would be a waste.
    Look for a Fanuc O post and tune it in and your good to go. I think a cheaper seat of some brand cam at first then when you get the hang of it get one of the higher end programs. Conversational is great to have on that machine for a number of reasons, but like has been noted it is proprietary and a cam package will do for you what all the add ons will, only better. It still will draw your part and you can set tools and zeros the same way as conversational, until you are ready to use D and H values and G50 coordinate systems. The service guy has the password and will probably tell you but it really isn't something you need to screw with.

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you sure it doesn't require single line fonts?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Funny Hurco doesn’t offer some option if you could just grab some fonts out of a folder. Or do they and I just don't know??? I asked one time, and was told by the set-up/service guy that what you see is what you get. Is a font a raster (sp) or vector type deal?? Did you have any luck yet? :rainfro:

Downloads
    Uploads

Fonts are vector based images, if you have Adobe Illustrator (or another vector based image software that I haven't tried) its easy to make fonts of whatever you want. However sometime programs, like CAMworks, require single line fonts. Other programs, like SpectraCAM can use regular ol' true type fonts.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I get mine out of Surfcam and some times they come on the part files done in Pro E. Always have to fix those guys. Next time I talk to the Hurco man I will ask more specifically what's up. You would think that would be an easy way to increase the pizzas of there control.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I managed to figure out the password to gain access to the C:\ drive on the machine. Fonts are normally kept in C:\windows\fonts and indeed there are TTF (TruType Font) in that folder and as far as I can find out, only in that folder. All the fonts that are listed in the control when you are conversational programming (and yes, I know, get a CAM package) are there in addition to many, many others that don't show up in the control. It seems that if you want to do anything other than the fonts given you're out of luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you find out if it will only read single line fonts yet?